An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Green Science Drafting from DVDs after Mardis Gras


No, that title doesn't make sense, but here's what it's about:

*Green - not for Kermit the Frog, but for the Arlington Green Living Challenge -- win prizes (hey who says we're only motivated by the cause!) and be certified as a "green household" by earning points through any combination of 16 simple actions.


* Science - Sticking with the green theme, the next Cafe Scientifique sounds very interesting - the subject, "The 'Shocking' Science Behind Electric Cars" -- with actual cars to touch! Now, how are they getting those in the Front Page - Tuesday, March 6, 6- 8 PM (presentation starts at 6:30). FREE! No science background required.


* Drafting - as in Arlington Cinema Drafthouse and as in the "We Like the Pike" Event on Tuesday, February 27, 5- 7 PM. FREE admission includes live music, complimentary buffet, cash bar, plus get 2 FREE passes for movies or entertainment at any 2007 DraftHouse event - that alone makes the trip worth it.


* DVDs- I've bragged before about how great Arlington libraries are. I just got my e-mail about new DVDs at the library and I thought I would share some (but not the ones I really want ;-) ) -- Babel, The Departed, Fast Food Nation, Man of the Year, Rocky Balboa ... and more. - You too can stay in the loop by signing up to receive this e-newsletter on the libraries website (I can't find exactly where right now, but I did it, so I'm sure you can find it too).


*After Mardis Gras -I couldn't go to the Clarenendon parade this year. I had a board meeting for an organization I'm involved with. Grrr! Did anyone make it? It was great last year.

Note: Photo credit to "The Eggplant"

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home