An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Miscellaneous Roundup

So much to do, so much to read, some highlights:

*Have you been following the new Fresh Aire initiative rolled out by Arlington's new board chair? Pretty cool I have to say. And more props to the County for rolling out a Fresh Aire blog to provide information. There is even a guest post by my blogger buddy The Green Miles.

*I just realized I missed a recent event by one of my favorite organizations, Art Outlet. Turns out they just hosted an event called Flux - An Art Sensory Overload. Sounds very cool - I hope they do a repeat performance in warmer weather. I added myself as a friend to their MySpace page, so hopefully I'll get updates in the future -- and I'll let you know about them here.

*In case you didn't catch this in the comments of my last post, I highly recommend the musings of Girasol - our very own bi-lingual Arlington dog.

*I hate the Sabres, but at least this Buffalo blogger gives props to the CAPS and their new practice facility here in Arlington.

*Has anybody else heard this rumor about Iwa Jima? I don't believe it, but it's kind of amusing to read about.

*I recently put out a call for bloggers writing about Arlington. In addition the ones on my blog roll on the right, and the ones mentioned above, here's a few others worth checking out:
--The Buckingham Herald Triblog -- all about Buckingham
-- Chez Robert Giron - an Arlington arts/literature blog
-- Plant Whacker - very interesting blog from an invasives volunteer in Arlington

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i call 'em like i see 'em and the caps facility is top notch.
ps...you hate us because we absolutely OWN you :)

6:17 AM

 
Blogger Girasol said...

hey dude! thanks for mentioned me.

12:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont hate the sabres for owning all other teams.

5:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home