An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Year Up with Dan


My buddy Dan passed this information along to me and I thought it sounded pretty interesting and worthwhile. Dan is going through the training, so we'll see if we can get him to post after it to tell us about his experience. In the meantime, though, here's what Dan has to say:


I recently came across Year Up, a training program for urban young adults seeking employment. The admissions process for the student applicants is pretty selective. While these students go through a year of both in class training, and corporate internships to earn college credits, each is also matched with a mentor. I signed up to be a mentor, and they are always looking for others to offer similar support for these motivated young adults. Sounds like a very unique and exciting program to be a part of – I thought I’d share. You can learn more by contacting Alice Drew, Year Up’s Director @ ADrew@YearUp.org or visiting www.yearup.org. --- Dan



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home