An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Resolutions


Wow! 2007 already. I don't know why, but 2007 just sounds so much more "futuristic" to me than 2006. So, in the spirit of New Year's, I thought I would give some 2006 highlights and 2007 resolutions.


2006 Blog Highlights


So, all in all, 2006 was a good year of discovering and enjoying Arlington. I learned a lot, discovered a lot, and generally enjoyed myself. But, as with all things, there is room for improvement, which brings us to ...


2007 Resolutions


I really didn't do enough in 2006. Despite my best intentions and despite the fact that I almost always enjoyed the things I did, I didn't get out enough and try new things in 2006. I definitely fell in to times of excuses and other commitments. So in 2007, I will



  • Get out more and try new and different things

  • Engage more guest bloggers - there is so many cool things out there to do. And as much as I would like to go to all of them, it's just not practical. I've always hoped that just magically other people would want to contribute to this blog and talk about the things they do in Arlington, but, with a few exceptions, it just hasn't happened. This year I'm going to actively seek out more voices. I want your voice here too!

  • Get XY Arlington off the ground - for those of you who know me, or are die hard readers of this blog (or the Washington Post), you'll know that I've been trying to get this initiative I'm calling XY Arlington off the ground. I'll spare you the gory details, but the bottom line is, it's not happening as quickly or smoothly as I think it should. I'm going to fix that.

So, those are a couple of things, I resolve to do in 2007. Along the way, I hope to make this blog and the accompanying What's Up newsletter a useful, informative and fun source for you.


Happy 2007!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home