An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Two quick things

I have been so completely overwhelmed lately that I have not been getting out and doing any of the fun things going on in Arlington. My personal advice - being involved in your community and giving back is a good thing - being on two boards of directors (including treasurer of one), being volunteer coordinator of a local youth sports league, and picking up a few hours a week at a part-time job/hobby "just for fun" ... well, sometime I think you need to pick your priorities, give your all to those, and learn to say no. So, enough of my rant ...

One of my favorite monthly Arlington activities is tonight - cross-cultural cinema at Central Library. Tonight's showing is Born in to Brothels. If anyone makes it out, and would like to write a guest blog about it, I would love to have it.

And for those of you who don't already get it, the latest version of What's Up Arlington! (the e-newsletter, not the blog) is now available. In this issue - winter recreation classes, Light Up Rosslyn, Project Christmas Angel, Places to find Christmas gifts.


My early New Year's resolution - unbury myself from this mess of over commitment, and get out and enjoy more of all this great stuff going on.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home