An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Friday, August 03, 2007

Shirlington - The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread

I love Shirlington and I love the new Shirlington Library. But this guy really loves the new library and development in Shirlington.


In sum, by fostering a nexus of artistic and theatrical groups, the Shirlington library is stimulating the growth of the creative class in Arlington that contributes disproportionately to innovation and entrepreneurial vitality.

This is a rather lengthy and heady article/post, and perhaps not something I would normally reccomend, but I found it really interesting.

So, what do you think? Is Shirlington really all that and a bag of chips?

You can check out the video below to learn more about the Shirlington library.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Googla Monster said...

I would say yes. There are some things that could be done to make it even better. Who will listen?

1:29 AM

 
Blogger Eric said...

So, I'm curious - what do you think could be done to make it even better?

1:19 PM

 
Blogger Googla Monster said...

Thank you for asking. I would like to see a place for artists, especially for people who like to draw or sculpt as a hobby. Also, we could classical music concerts (small chamber music and/or string quartet). Most fun would be having brass band ensembles play on the music or near the fountain. A lot of people have told me that they think Shirlington should close off Campbell Street to traffic - at least part of the day. As the traffic increase, I think the powers-that-be will have to do that, otherwise people dining outside will have to dining sitting next to cars idling in gridlock. Last but not least, Shirlington Village needs to work on being greener. Less of that throwaway beverage containers. Arlington-I charge thee to lead the way!

10:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home