An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer Ice Skating and New Caps Jersey


So, since the Capitals are now headquartered and practicing in Arlington, does that make commenting on the CAPS fair game to this blog? I'm going to say yes.


Let's start with the new jersey. Do you like it? I don't. Everyone seems to love it, but I for one liked the previous one. What do you think? Let me know in the comments.


Speaking of the CAPS in Arlington, there are plenty of chances to cool of in the summer with ice skating at the Kettler Capitals Ice Plex. I got this email from the folks over at the Iceplex.



Ice Skating for Adults!

Every Wednesday night this Summer from 7:45pm – 9pm is an Adult Skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex – Arlington’s new twin-sheet ice arena and practice facility of the Washington Capitals. The cost is just $7 per person, plus $3 if you need to rent skates. Get a group of 10 or more together and the cost drops to a mere $6 per person, which includes the rental skates.

A great way to beat the heat - Adult learn to skate session starts the first week of August.

The Iceplex also has party rooms available for an hourly charge should anyone want to continue their party off-ice.


Sounds like fun to me!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Green Miles said...

The Iceplex definitely isn't slowing down over the summer, I saw a couple of guys with giant bags of hockey gear leaving the Ballston Common Mall over the weekend!

I actually like the new jersey, it's a lot less busy than the old one.

3:35 PM

 
Blogger MappyB said...

I have to put in my two cents here - they're terrible. The old logo signified so much more of DC and the Capitals feeling, this new logo is reminiscent of a cheesy small town local team. It looks like it's trying too hard to be a trendy design and that is not going to win any new fans. I'm proud that I have a t-shirt and hat with the old Caps logo, along with other things bearing the old logo. We moved from the DC area last December, and have been missing the Caps, but I'm proud to say that we will not purchase any of the gear that looks like it's sold out to consumerism. People in DC like tradition - they like the Dome and they enjoy supporting a team wearing the Dome. That's my take on it.

2:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whether you like the jersey or not, we know you'll love the new Iceplex. So drop by anytime and see what you've been missing right here in Ballston!

-KCI Staff

3:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new Caps jersey is actually much more traditional that the previous incarnation (which was only used from the mid 90's till last season). The new jersey looks quite similar to the jerseys that predated the blue/black/gold ones, but slightly more modern. I like them.

10:24 PM

 
Blogger gwadzilla said...

that is a good tip!

9:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home