5 Ways to Get Outside when it's Hot, Hot, Hot!
In the words of the great Buster Poindexter, it's hot, hot, hot. I mean, it's brutally hot. And then that chance of afternoon thunderstorms come rollling in it seems like every night.
Man, I love summer! Seriously, I do.
I was just out in Southern California for a friend's wedding. Perfect weather, right? Yeah, it's like 70-80 degrees year around and (supposedly) sunny. But it's summer. It should be hot. 70 to 80 - that's not hot. Plus, L.A. has all that nasty smog - I know our air is not perfect, but geez that smog is nasty.
That being said, I know there are times when it's just too hot to be outside - but that doesn't mean you can't/ shouldn't - there is still a lot to do outside.
- Check out the new pool at Upton Hill Regional Park
- Play tennis - under the lights when it's cooler. Click here for a list of Arlington tennis courts.
- Take a hike at Potomac Overlook Regional Park
- Check out an evening concert at Lubber Run Amphitheatre
- Take a "cool" walk, like one around Clarendon or checking out Arlington's history.
Labels: Summer heat