An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thinking of those at Virginia Tech

This post was originally intended to be about Artomatic. But as much as I think art can heal and soothe the soul, it doesn't seem appropriate today to simply talk about another fun thing going on in Arlington.

I grew up in Christiansburg, just down the street from Virginia Tech. Both my parents have worked there; my Dad still does. It's a relatively small town - one of those places where you think nothing like this could ever happen. But today it did.

So today, as I, as indeed we all mourn for those who lost their lives, their families, their friends, and the community that was terrorized by this horrific day, I extend my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to everyone involved, and everyone not involved but who feels the pain of this day.

With time will come healing, and soon this blog will return to talking about all things fun in Arlington, but today we breathe, today we rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home