An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Some Blog Changes

One of the things I've come to realize lately is that not everyone comes to this blog via the What's Up Arlington! e-newsletter -- which is cool.

I've also realized that there are just times when I can't fit everything in the newsletter that I want to and times when I find out things that are cool, but after I've written the newsletter.

Also, since the blog has the ability to be updated and any time and can include an RSS feed (although I'm having issues with that - any experts out there? It seems so simple) whereas the newsletter is only updated every two weeks ...

Gosh, this sounds so formal. Anyway, all this to say that the blog is going to becoming a little more active and a little more of a cross between the newsletter and the current blog. That is, in addition, to just telling you about things I do, I'm going to tell you about some things that are coming up - probably not in super detail, and often just referring you to the newsletter - we'll see, it's a work in progress.

As you might be able to tell, as simple as this sounds, I'm actually finding it an agonizing decision. Too often, we are told what we should do, and too often we don't get real feedback as to how things actually are. That's was the original point of this blog, and one that I still plan to stick to. But I think there is room for both here, and I think that's a good thing.

Any thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger The Green Miles said...

I'm still working on the RSS thing, but thanks for pointing me to it! Blogger doesn't like my home computer, but I'll try again from work on Monday, I'll let you know how it goes.

As for the blog, I suppose it depends how often you post. If you're doing it once a week, you're a bit limited. But if you post a couple of times a week, you really can do a lot of "this is what's coming up" AND "this what I thought of what I did last week".

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Paul Zhao said...

Your RSS seems to work now.

4:01 PM

 
Blogger Eric said...

Thanks. I'll but the buttons back up.

4:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home