An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Just missed the cut ... but worth knowing about

OK, when I started this blog, I wanted to tell you about things that people (mostly me) actually do in Arlington and what it was like - was it fun? boring? the best day of my life?

There have been times when I've been tempted to tell you about something that I think is worth doing, rather than something I did. So far, I've refrained ... until now.

I just finished putting together the draft for the next What's Up Arlington! newsletter, and there are two things I really, really wanted to put in there, but just didn't have the space. So, with many apologies for straying from the mission of this blog, here they are:

Cross-Cultural Cinema has never disappointed me, and this looks like another good one:
Thursday, Oct 5, 6:30-8:30 PM, Central Library.Cross Cultural Film Series:Justice for My People: Dr. Hector P. Garcia Story.This film traces the rise of the Mexican American civil rights movement through the ideals, choices and actions of Dr. Hector P. Garcia.

This event seems a little quirky, but sounds fun, and super bonus - it supports a good cause:
Scavenger Hunt and Wine Tasting
Part I: Scavenger Hunt – teams of 2-4 individuals in an Arlington neighborhood scavenger hunt. The hunt begins the Greenbrier Learning Center, 5401 S. 7th Rd, and ends at the Arlington Arts Center, 3550 Wilson Boulevard. 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM. $15

Part II: International Wine Tasting and Children’s Art’s AuctionEnjoy wine seminars, lite fare and a children’s art auction at the Arlington Arts Center. 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM. $25 separately or $35 with scavenger hunt registration.

To register, e-mail gblcevents@yahoo.com or call 703-379-6488. All proceeds benefit the Greenbrier Learning Center.

I hope you'll forgive this slightly off target post, and maybe you'll check out one of these fun events.

See you out!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Green Miles said...

We don't care if you go off your mission ... it's your blog, you can do whatever you want with it! As long as it's fun to read, who cares.

3:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home