Get Your Green On: Five Environmental Events in Three Weeks
Spring is always the busiest time of year for environmental events in the DC area, and the next few weeks are packed with events for people who want to know more about living green. Here are five big ones:
- Saturday April 21st, 7pm -- Long Branch Nature Center hosts Films in the Forest, with a showing of An Inconvenient Truth ... free but reservations required, 703-228-4747
- Sunday April 22nd, 6:30pm -- The Sierra Club of Mt. Vernon hosts an Earth Day Film & Social Night at Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse, featuring the movie Kilowatt Ours
- Wednesday April 25th, 7:30pm -- "I'm in a Conservation State of Mind; Reducing our Footprint on Planet Earth" at the Arlington Central Library in Ballston, presented by Martin Ogle, Chief Naturalist for the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority ... call 703-528-5406 for more information
- Sunday April 29th, 1pm -- Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment hosts a Green Living Challenge Discussion Group at the Daily Grind in Ballston
- Friday May 11th, 7:30pm -- ACE hosts its 2nd Annual Organic Wine Tasting at the Arlington Arts Center in Virginia Square, featuring organic wines from around the world paired with cheese, fruit and chocolate selected and served by staff from The Curious Grape ... tickets are $40 for ACE members, $50 for non-members, and can be purchased online
Oh, and a big thanks to the hundreds of people who came to Rosslyn for last weekend's Step It Up rally! Photos and details over at The Green Miles.