An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Thursday, August 07, 2008

EnviroCAB: Jarringly Pleasant

On my recent trip to Austin for Netroots Nation, I called an enviroCAB for my ride to the airport. Since I don't take cabs very often, this was my first chance to use enviroCAB.

So how was it? In a word, spooky. In a made-up word, spookygreen.

It was completely silent. No engine roar as the hybrid car glided on battery power through the back streets of Ballston. The driver was courteous, well-dressed, and didn't talk on his cell phone or blare the radio. The cab even still had that new-car smell.

Compared to the terrifying experience of riding in a loud smelly cab as it careens through the streets of DC ... no, wait. There's no comparison. EnviroCABbing was a completely different experience than traditional cabbing.

If you don't have it in your cell already, add their number now: (703) 920-3333.

Cross-posted from TheGreenMiles.net

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I took one of these downtown a couple of weeks ago. New, clean hybrid Camry, early morning Punjabi music. At least I was in the mood for Punjabi music that morning.

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

We love envirocab! The wait time is next to zero for these guys to show up. I'm sure that won't last too much longer once everyone else figures it out!

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home