An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Friday, January 30, 2009

Moving Words Poetry Contest

The deadline has past
I missed the contest - it didn't last
But I'm sad ,what to do
Submit my poem below, just for you ...


It's that time of year
Let's hear a cheer
The Moving Words contest is here

Last year I didn't win
That was a sin
I think they threw my entry directly in the trash bin

The deadline for Moving Words is today.
You’ve still got time, submit what you may.
Poems must be typed and ten lines or less.
It’s OK, you don’t need to stres.

Winning poets have their poems displayed on Metro buses.
You can read them while passing under bridge trusses.
Winners receive 100 dollars.
That’s enough to make you want to “holler”.

So get your poem(s) in now.
Maybe I’ll read it, when I’m out and about.

OK, so I don't think I would have won, but hey you enjoyed it, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home