An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Expect a Plague of Locusts Any Minute Now

I'm telecommuting today. The weather outside my window so far:
10am: Tropical storm-force winds

10:15am: Near-whiteout snow

10:30am: Thunder and lightning

10:45am: Back to just wind
Got a text from Arlington Alert warning that traffic lights are out in all directions at Seven Corners due to the wind. (Arlington Alert update 11:52am - "Traffic lights at 7 Corners are working again. Numerous traffic lights out across Fairfax due to high winds.")

The forecast for the rest of the day, and I am not making this up, is "rain and snow and windy." Translation: "We don't know either."

UPDATE: Check out this amazing video shot by my friend Jeremy ...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I may have watched too much history channel last week and was thinking the same thing as this incredibly crazy weather began this morning.

4:10 PM

 
Blogger SharonTB said...

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Right now out the window in Clarendon I see a bright blue sky and puffy happy white clouds.

Hope it stays nice for reveling tonight.

4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought, when I left my condo this morning to completely calm air, that the forecast had it all wrong. So I rode my bike as normal.

I'm not sure how I'll make the 14 miles back home this afternoon, given the current and expected conditions!

I wish telecommuting was an option for me!

4:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home