An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mini Golf in Ballston?


As reported in the Buckingham Triblog, Arlington is considering putting in a mini-golf course outside the Ballston Commons Mall parking garage on N. Glebe Road at the intersection of N. Randolph Street.


Personally, I'm kind of like the idea - kind of not. Putt putt is fun and all - about once a year and combined with another activity. It's like the beach. I don't know why but putt putt just fits at the beach. But, I do like it, and it would be something else to do in an already very cool place.


What do you think?


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Green Miles said...

I think it's a great idea! Besides going to the movies, there's not much to do in Ballston before you go out (really, there aren't many reasons to walk around Ballston at all, the sidewalks on that stretch of Glebe Road are usually deserted). I'd love to be able to hit the mini-golf course before going out to Rock Bottom or wherever, especially if it's as cheap as the Upton Hill course ($38 or so for a 10-game pass).

2:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the 1970's there used to be a Putt Putt across Wilson Blvd. from Hechts. That's when the shopping center was known as Parkington! I'm dating myself!!

1:03 PM

 
Blogger krylonultraflat said...

On the one hand, there's putt putt less than 2 miles up Wilson from there at Upton park.

On the other, Upton isn't metro accessible and Ballston could use a few more family-friendly attractions other than a somewhat-cruddy mall.

3:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd much rather have a bowling alley like Stike Bethesda.

11:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous is right. I remember going there as a kid. It was the best thing that neighborhood had. It was sad when they tore it down. It used to be where those fancy high rise senior housing is now. It would be great to bring that back. I'm sure it would be a great thing for that corner again.

3:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is a great idea. I'm the granddaughter of the people who use to run the one across from Hecht's. It was a very heart breaking to get the news we were closing up shop. My grandparents would have been glad to hear people have not forgot the job that brought them so much joy over the years. Thank you.

5:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home