An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I have the rhythm of a rock, but I love modern dance ...


Let me tell a story...


As an undergrad at William and Mary (Go Tribe!), there was this girl I was interested in (Ok, there were a few girls I was interested in, but this story only pertains to one). She was a dancer and she invited me to come with her to see this modern dance performance, Orchesis. Well, of course, I acted very interested and said yes.


Truth - this sounded very boring to me. But I went, and it wasn't long before I was completely enthralled. I loved it and was totally hooked. In future years, after that relationship didn't work out, I found other people to go with, and one time (don't tell anyone) I even went by myself.


So, why do I tell you this?


I tell you to supplement a piece I have in the What's Up Arlington! e-newsletter about the upcoming Bowen McCauly Dance performance on June 16 at Lubber Run Amphitheatre. When I say I love modern dance, I mean it (by the way, to me, modern dance is anything that isn't the Waltz, so if I'm mis-characterizing here, forgive me)

And speaking of the newsletter, if you're not a subscribing, get a life! OK, maybe that's a little harsh, but seriously you're missing out; 4 of the best and greatest things to do in Arlington delivered straight to your email inbox every two weeks, and it's free -- you should be paying me for this! To get it, just follow this link, and then follow the subscribe link at the top - it's real simple. Sign-up today (Tuesday) in time to get tomorrow's edition which includes, among other things, the dance performance I reference above.

Photo by: Raymond Gniewek

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home