An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Review: ACE Organic Wine Tasting

I went into this year's Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment Organic Wine Tasting as a skeptic. Why? Because I'd attended last year's Organic Wine Tasting, and honestly, I wasn't all that impressed by any of the wines.

But this year, my reaction was almost the opposite -- all of them were at least decent and several were excellent. We tasted three whites, three reds, and a dessert wine. My favorite was the Meditrina, a mix of Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Zinfandel.

The tasting was presented by The Curious Grape, a great wine and cheese shop in Shirlington. You don't have to be some kind of a wealthy connoisseur to enjoy it. I'm no wine expert and I'm definitely a bargain shopper, so I appreciate that they have clear descriptions of the wines and a wide range of prices, from high-end to good values. And even if you don't buy anything, they're usually giving out free tastes, so it's worth stopping by.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home