An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Big Read Architecture (Green) - Sunday


I've missed out on a lot of the Arlington Reads Green stuff this year, which is too bad because they highlighted some good books with some cool activities this year. I've been to busy muddling my way through the 800 page gigantic biography of Che Guevera - next time I decide to tackle a book like that, remind me about the History Channel. Not that the book isn't interesting, it's just taking me FOREVER!!


But I digress ... anyways, this event requires no advanced reading, but does mesh with the Arlington Reads Green theme. Here's the 411:


Sunday, June 3, 2 PM
Big Dig Architecture Talk
Central Library auditorium
John Hong and Jinhee Park, principals of Single Speed Design in Cambridge, Massachusetts, discuss their environmentally progressive approach to design. Using materials reclaimed from Boston's Big Dig project, Hong and Park designed the stunning contemporary Big Dig House and an award-winning Big Dig Building.
Please call 703/228-5990 or 0322 for more information.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home