An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Review: Preview Teases: I Want the Whole Thing!

I'm a big fan of all the films that Central Library show. I find them enjoyable, good films, that stimulate my brain. I've said it before, going to those films is one of my favorite things to do in Arlington, and I'm not even a movie person.



Recently, I checked out the preview of Through Deaf Eyes - a new film by PBS that debuted on PBS this past week. The preview included some talking heads thanking people and then 57 minutes of selected features.



The film seems very good. I really enjoyed what I saw and learned a lot just from those sections. But it really just left me wanting more. Now, the obvious answer would have been to watch the full thing on PBS the following week, but honestly, I had seen almost half of it, it was hard to motivate myself to watch much of it again. I meant to record it (yes, I still have a VCR, no TIVO for me) to watch later, but that kind of slipped my mind.



There was a discussion afterwards, which, I confess, I skipped out on - maybe that would have made the evening worth while.



But for my two cents, I'm going to stick to going to the full length films and skip out on any more of these previews. It only left me wanting more.

Photo credit: National Archives

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home