An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thirsty Bernie Sports Bar Review


If you're looking for a good Arlington sports bar, Thirsty Bernie's sounds like a home run




One thing is certain if you visit Thirsty Bernie Sports Bar & Grille (2163 N. Glebe Rd., Arlington, 703-248-9300). You will not miss the game. Any game. Arlington's new gourmet sports bar has 15 flat-screen TVs showing any number of sports simultaneously. There are some over the bar, a few in the dining room, even one facing the parking lot so you can watch even before you walk in the
door. Read the full Post review.




3 Comments:

Blogger TheGreenMiles said...

Hello? You missed the best part -- they're smoke-free! So rare for a sports bar to be entirely smoke-free. I know where I'll be going to watch the Patriots games this year!

9:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mixed review - Fantastic brats, great grilled pizza, stand out wonderful butchers plate. On the down side, charred "medium rare" burger, lost orders, extra beer added to the bill, lackadaisical service. I'll probably go back, but will sit at the bar and not order a burger!

11:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Thirsty Bernie Sports Bar & Grill last night (Saturday, July 12th), and the service was awful! I waited almost 15 minutes before the bartender go around to getting me a drink, and then he had the audacity of saying to me, “You do realize that we live on tips, right?” Since service had been so slow, I gave him a small tip. After that, he refused to serve me at all the rest of the night, and he told the waiters not to serve me either. It was UFC fight night, but the bar was not as crowded as you might think; the bartender was just lazy with a bad attitude. Since the night was winding down anyway, I left without making a fuss, but I would not recommend this place to anyone.

9:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home