An exploration of things to do in Arlington

Friday, September 19, 2008

World Car-Free Day on Monday

In my last town I got most places by bike. It was a small town so nothing was very far away and there were bike lanes and general acceptance of the biking and walking public.

Moving to the city I've discovered that getting from Point A to Point B is much more frustrating but my options are far more expansive: biking, driving, metro, multiple types of buses, slugging, carpooling, zip car, Envirocab, etc.

I challenge you to use World Car-Free Day as an opportunity to try a new way of getting around that does not involve a car.

WalkArlington is promoting Car-Free Day with a walk in Clarendon from on Monday September 22nd.

The walk will be made more interesting with speakers sharing anecdotes about Clarendon's history, cultural resources, gathering places, and car-free lifestyle.
6:30-7:30 p.m

Not only that, but "in conjunction with Arlington County Commuter Services' Car-Free Diet campaign and the Clarendon Alliance, Clarendon's many restaurants and shops will be offering World Car-Free Day discounts and promotions."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger TheGreenMiles said...

I'll be Metroing from Ballston to West Falls Church, then taking the 952 bus out to the office in Reston. Takes a bit longer, but saves on gas, lets me catch up on reading, and keeps me from having to battle traffic on I66!

9:25 PM

 
Blogger Eric said...

I took the Metro to Pentagon, then the 22A bus to Shirlington - takes a little bit longer than driving, but is so much more relaxing (and cheaper!)

2:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home